Monday 8 March 2010

Bodiam Castle & brass monkeys!

Sunday we decided to take a trip to Bodiam Castle ~ we go there quite often as it's not far away; we usually walk, but not this time ~ far too cold!


It's one of my favourite places ~ I have a 'thing' about castles and this one has a great feeling about it. Don't let the blue skies and sunshine fool you ~ it was freezing!
We didn't have our usual cream tea this time ~ it's a National Trust property and while the fresh cream and scones are all very nice, they are a bit pricey.
We'll be rejoining the National Trust and English Heritage as it's well worth it ~ with free entry or discounts to loads of places; we have a great time trying to see how many places we can cram into one day!




2 comments:

  1. Moated castles are so romantic - Bodiam reminds me of Leeds Castle in Kent although I don't think that has a moat anymore. Your photos are stunning.

    I'm just off to look at your previous post now!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous Sarah. I don't live far away but I've never been, can you believe it. Although I live in Eastbourne I've never been to Pevensey castle either (driven past it lots of times!)
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails